Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Hold On"

"Hold On" by Sandra Galda
16"x20" oil on canvas


I found out today that my painting "Hold On" was juried into a spring member's show at the Newburyport Art Association. It will hang in their gallery for viewing and sale most of April.  Check out the NAA web site here.  A slight fracture to my wrist while rollerskating with daughter's high school has slowed me down a little in the art department--it sure hurts. I have a hand /wrist brace with velcro straps to stabilize my wrist movement while it heals--I can still draw and paint.  "Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do" -Edgar Degas.  Thanks for looking, tell me what you think-leave a comment! Paintings by Sandra Galda are copyrighted. Scroll down this page for more art!

7 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Congratulations! So sorry to hear about your wrist...Heel quickly!!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Wonderful painting Sandra. Congratulations! Sorry about your wrist. At least you injured it doing something fun. Hope it heals quickly!

Debbie said...

Congratulations Sandra! Your painting is wonderful. Sorry about your wrist!, that rollerskating with kids is dangerous, I once cracked my tail bone that way :-)

Sandra Galda said...

thanks so much, Linda, Carol, and Debbie, and Debbie, ouch!!!

Pam Perras said...

Hi Sandra,
Congratulations on your painting and its acceptance into the NAA exhibit! Nicely done! Wishing you a very speedy recovery.

ArtGirl said...

Congratulations on the show! Not the wrist :-( I fractured my tail bone as well that way. I don't do it much anymore! I haven't been able to get into shows at NAA. Good for you! Maybe I will try again. Haven't been over to visit any blogs lately. I will have to get back into it because I love seeing your work. Love this one, and Mrs. Rabbit is adorable!

Sandra Galda said...

thank you also, Pam and Katie May, and best wishes on your beautiful art too! Debbie and Katie, cant imagine the pain in that type of injury, must have been bad! Pain is not happy!